MAAO EDUCATION POLICIES
- Attendance. Per MN State Board of Assessor’s policy for continuing education credit, continuing education credit will be based upon the verified daily roster.
- Classroom behavior. MAAO promotes professional development. Any behavior that interferes with the instruction of the course or the ability of other students to learn the course materials will not be tolerated. Unprofessional behavior may result in the immediate dismissal of a student by the instructor and no refund will be provided.
- Cancellation. A refund, less a $30 administration fee will be issued for cancellations received 5 business days prior to the start of the course. Registrants who fail to attend or cancel prior to the cancellation deadline are responsible for the entire fee. If a registrant is unable to attend the course, a substitute from the jurisdiction that paid the registration fee can attend at no additional cost. Please send written notification of this change 5 business days prior to the start of the course. MAAO reserves the right to cancel any event if necessary and provide a full refund. Refunds will be issued within 30 days of the date of the course.
- Final Examination Results. MAAO will provide written notification of the results of the final examination to the student at the email address indicated on the registration form within 30 days of the final examination. The student will receive a pass or fail notification. Seventy percent is the minimum passing score, except for the 15-Hour USPAP exam which is seventy-eight percent.
- Re-examination. MAAO policy allows a student to retest any MAAO sponsored course one time only if he/she fails the final exam during the course. The student must wait 14 days after the course offering and re-examinations must be completed within 90 days of the course. The re-examination fee is $50 payable to MAAO. MAAO Course Coordinators will proctor the exam. Any MAAO co-sponsored course that is presented with another entity i.e., IAAO, ASFMRA, would have to meet their requirements and policies also for re-testing. Do NOT contact the instructor for examination or re-examination information. Information about the re-examination process will be sent with each failure notice.
- Data Privacy. MAAO will hold in confidence private information provided by the student as well as examination results unless a student signs an "Authorization to Release" form provided. All requests for information should be made to one of the MAAO Course Coordinators, not to the instructor.
If you have questions or comments please contact MAAO Weeklong Course Coordinators: Bob Wilson, 952-826-0426 BWilson@EdinaMN.gov or Tina Diedrich-Von Eschen, 320-656-3690 firstname.lastname@example.org